Have you ever taken a specific skill set and applied it to something completely different in your life?
- You love to draw, so you try woodburning
- You love playing with clay, so you try making fondant flowers
- You love wood carving, so you try scratch art
I love to take something I’ve seen or experienced and infused that into some type of art form.
Picture wearing a very simple outfit (black or deep blue), no patterns or lines and this pendant.
For this example, I was inspired by Star Trek Voyager and the beautiful colours of a nebula. I created about 18 pieces including various pendants, earrings, bracelets, and rings.
Here is how this piece was born…
Took my mixed media skills, using tiny tweezers, embedded 2-4mm pieces of copper, gold and silver gilding flakes into black resin, but wait…the black was made with blue, a bit of teal and brown to get a rich chromatic black. Used a toothpick to drop in clear resin to build up the luminescence of the assembly. Joe asked me why I don’t make things easier for myself.
As Oprah says “You can have it all. Just not all at once”
- Epoxy Resin
- Bezel: .999 Fine Silver plated over a pewter cast
- Jump rings, clasps, and chain: .999 Fine silver plated over brass
- Gilding flakes: copper, silver, gold